Who we help
Forward Steps helps young adults aging out of foster care by providing a stable source of support and coaching during their transition from foster care to independence. Some of the factors we look for include:
- Emancipating foster youth
- 18–19 years old when applying
- High school or GED when (or within six months of) enrolling
- Interest in attending a post-secondary school in the Denver metro area
- Capable of living on their own with little supervision
We do not accept candidates who are active members of a gang, are sex offenders, have a felony conviction or are not compliant with physical or mental health orders from a doctor. If you are unsure, contact us about your individual situation.
If you are a young adult and think our program is a good fit for you, we would like to help you start the application process. It’s simple!