We invest in emancipated foster youth
By investing in their lives, Forward Steps empowers former foster youth so they can reach their full potential as active, independent, self-sufficient members of their communities.
It’s our mission.
Forward Steps helps Colorado youth transition from foster care to independence by investing in their development and well-being, breaking their dependency on social support. As a dedicated resource, we make a lasting commitment to collaborate with each and every participant, providing a comprehensive yet individually-focused program that stresses post-secondary education while integrating advocacy, housing, life skills training and some fun with a purpose, like cultural experiences. We also offer opportunity and encouragement to individuals leaving the foster care system so they have the support and the tools to start to direct their futures and reach their full potential. We encourage you to join us in this mission.
Your support could have a direct impact for our young adults:
- $30 pays for one hour of case management
- $50 pays for a month of utilities
- $100 pays for a cultural experience like performing arts or sporting tickets
- $250 pays for one month of life-skills lessons
- $300 pays for our 24/7 hotline for a year
- $500 pays for housing for a month
- And if you’d like to put one of our youth in a one bedroom apartment for one year, it would be $6,000.