By investing in their lives, Forward Steps empowers former foster youth so they can reach their full potential as active, independent, self-sufficient members of their communities. It’s our mission.
Forward Steps Guardian Scholars Scholarship
Forward Steps helps Colorado youth transition from foster care to success by investing in their development, well-being, and breaking their dependency on social support. As a dedicated resource, we make a strong commitment to collaborate with each and every student, providing an individual focused program that stresses post-secondary education. We do this by offering the Forward Steps Guardian Scholars Scholarship for emancipated foster youth in Colorado. The scholarship is for the unmet financial needs of up to $6,000 per academic year. To be and or remain eligible our scholars will meet the following expectations:
- Enroll and remain a student in good standing
- Enroll and maintain at least 12 credit hours each semester
- Achieve and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA each semester
- Participate fully in all aspects of the scholarship (meetings, mentoring, events, etc.)
- Approve of Forward Steps staff monitoring academic performance and college records
- Apply yearly for the scholarship
If you are interested in applying, please complete the application, and mail it with the required supporting documents by Friday April 4, 2016.