THE 2017 FORWARD STEPS GUARDIAN SCHOLAR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN!!
Forward Steps is pleased to announce the opening of our 2017 application. We invite eligible students to submit an application for consideration for a college scholarship.
What does the scholarship provide?
Our scholarship provides assistance of up to $6,000 per academic year to cover any unmet financial need while attending college. Funds are disbursed during the Fall and Spring semesters based on academic performance and Forward Steps’ program participation.
In addition to the financial assistance, scholars will receive one-on-one mentoring and support throughout their college experience.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
- Forward Steps’ Guardian Scholars Scholarship is specific to youth (age 17-21) who already have or will emancipate from foster care in Colorado
- Applicants must reside in Colorado and plan to attend (or are currently attending) Community College of Denver or University of Colorado at Denver
- Scholars must have earned a high school diploma or passed the GED before beginning their first semester of college
- First time applicants must apply before their 22nd birthday
- Applicants must meet federal financial aid requirements and have unmet need as determined by the FAFSA
What are the requirements to maintain eligibility for the scholarship?
- Maintain good standing as defined by your school
- Enroll in and maintain at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Achieve and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA per semester
- Attend Forward Steps’ monthly workshops
- Meet with Forward Steps’ Student Development Manager (frequency depends on the needs of specific scholar)
- Provide Forward Steps’ staff with semester grades (and mid-semester progress updates, if requested)
- Allow Forward Steps’ staff to monitor academic performance and college records (such as financial aid documentation) to verify continued eligibility
- Apply annually for scholarship renewal
If you are interested in applying, please complete the application, and e-mail or mail it with the required supporting documents by the May 15, 2017 priority deadline to be considered for the Fall, 2017 semester. Applicants unable to meet the priority deadline will be placed on a waitlist for the following semester pending available funding.
If you have questions or need clarification, please contact us: 720.276.7778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the entire Forward Steps family for making the 2016 “Bridges to Opportunity” Annual Benefit a huge success for our program!
Special thank you to our 2016 sponsors